- Dates: August 17, 2020- September 11, 2020
- Emails sent to employees regarding open enrollment.
Additional COVID-19 resources available through blue cross blue shield
New Hire Insurance Information
New hire insurance is elected through APSB's Online Benefits Portal- Benefitfocus:
- Link to portal: Benefitfocus Portal
- All new hires must create an account in order to access the system. After clicking on the link above, select "Create New Account". Once your information has been verified, the system will automatically assign a username.
- New hire insurance will go into effect on the 1st of the month following 30 days worked.
- Additional information on APSB Insurances can be found on the HR Homepage- https://www.apsb.
- YOU MUST ELECT OR DECLINE BENEFITS WITHIN 30 DAYS OF HIRE. If you decline all benefits, a beneficiary is needed to be named for the Basic Life insurance policy the School Board provides to you.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact the insurance department:
- Last names A-K: 225-391-7113
- Last names L-Z: 225-391-7112
Qualifying Events: Contact the Insurance Department within 30 days of the qualifying event to make insurance changes. Requested changes beyond 30-day window will be denied.
Medical Insurance Contact Information
BCBS Customer Service: 1-800-363-9150
BCBS Member Services: 1-800-821-2753
Find a Provider: 1-800-810-2583
Rx Member Services: 1-800-334-8134
Pharmacy Help Desk: 1-800-880-1188
New Insurance Provider as of November 1, 2019- Delta Dental
New provider-The standard, effective 11/1/2020
UNUM Products (Coverage ending 10/31/2020)
NEW PROVIDER- THE HARTFORD, EFFECTIVE 11/1/2020
Flexible Spending: Infinisource
Posted rates are for vested retirees only and rates may vary with years of vesting.
Retirees wanting to enroll in vision and/or dental coverage can contact the APSB Insurance Department.
INSURANCE DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
Phone: Last names A-K (225) 391-7113 / Last names L-Z (225) 391-7112