Employee Leaves of Absence
Questions or need to return leave paperwork? Leave@apsb.org
- Complete the required Fillable PDF Leave Forms below, includes a checklist and all paperwork needed.
- Includes Sick Leave, Extended Sick Leave, and Leave Without Pay Instructions
2. I need to take leave to care for an immediate family member who has a serious health condition.
- Complete the forms below, includes a checklist along with additional paperwork needed.
- Includes Sick Leave, Extended Sick Leave, and Leave Without Pay Instructions.
3. I need to take leave due to the death of an immediate family member. The following types of leave are available to employees:
- Bereavement: Two (2) days are granted for the death of the following: a spouse, child, mother, father, brother, sister, grandparent, grandparent of spouse, grandchild, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, daughter-in-law, or son-in-law.
- Employee is required to provide verification to his/her supervisor. (i.e. an obituary).
- Sick Leave: Beyond the two (2) days of bereavement due to the death of a husband, wife, children, mother, father, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother sister, grandparents, or grandchildren can be used up to a maximum of three (3) sick days. Sick days must be entered through NOVATIME.
- Leave Without Pay: If employee needs to take additional leave after using the two (2) bereavement days and three (3) sick days, the employee should submit a letter to the Superintendent for approval of leave without pay.
4. I'm a certificated employee and want to apply for a sabbatical.
- Medical Sabbatical (certified employees only): Complete the following required forms and documentation:
- Professional Sabbatical (certified employees only): Complete the following required form:
5. I need to take leave involving care of a family member who is a member of the armed forces.
- Contact HR Directly for paperwork and requirements involving this leave.
NOTE: Employees that miss SIX (6) or more consecutive days due to illness are required to present a certificate from a physician certifying such illness. This should be presented to your supervisor/principal. The forms that need to be completed are determined by your reason for absence and leave available and/or leave balance. Please see the complete list below.
NOTE: Files below are in PDF format. If you are unable to view the file, please download the free viewer from Adobe at www.adobe.com/
Submitting an Absence
Online Leave System (Teachers & Paraprofessional)
Online Leave System (Non-Teachers)
- Website: time.apsb.org [Go to link]