Ascension Head Start Center (Donaldsonville Location)
LED BY PRINCIPAL HOPE GAUTREAU
GRADES: Pre-K 3-year-olds
OFFICE HOURS OF OPERATION: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- FIRST CLASS BELL: 8:30 a.m.
- LAST CLASS BELL: 2:30 p.m.
ADDRESS: 603 Lee Avenue; Donaldsonville, LA 70346
CONTACT: 225-391-7351, 225-391-7352 fax
ASCENSION PUBLIC SCHOOLS EARLY CHILDHOOD CONSISTS OF THREE DIFFERENT PROGRAMS:
PUBLIC HEAD START,
PUBLIC PRE-K CLASSES, AND
PRIVATE CHILDCARE CENTERS THAT ACCEPT CHILDCARE ASSISTANCE FUNDING (CCAP)
GO TO HEAD START HOMEPAGE
EARLY CHILDHOOD REGISTRATION
- Pre-K and Headstart applicants only.
Public School Pre-K and Head Start programs are state and federally funded and income based; therefore, there are limited openings available at each site. Completing an application does NOT guarantee placement. Students are NOT accepted on a first come, first serve basis. All applicants who have a completed application will be processed in August. Accepted participants will be notified the second or third week of the new school year.
Online Student Registration
ASCENSION HEADSTART ACCEPTED STUDENTS ONLY
New Students 2020-21:
If your student was enrolled at the end of the 2019-20 school year in one of the Ascension Public schools, your snap code to complete the Returning student form will be emailed in mid-July.
- Excluding Early Childhood Programs such as Pre-Kindergarten and Headstart.
- Registration for returning and new students.
- If the parent does not have an electric or gas bill in their name, an affidavit must be completed and approved through the Child Welfare and Attendance Office.
- Inquiries about registration should be directed to school administration.
Ascension Public Schools cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we will transition from paper to electronic flyer delivery via Peachjar.