Planning and Construction
Planning, Construction, Maintenance & Transportation Departments
Welcome to the Planning and Construction website.
FLOOD RECOVERY WORK:
- 2016 FLOOD PROJECT STATUS REPORT
- SUMMARY OF TYPICAL CONSTRUCTION PROCESS AND FLOOD RECOVERY PROCESS
- SEALED BIDS FOR "SETUP OF TEMPORARY MODULAR BLDGS" - Complete - Temporary Campus' are set up and students were relocated back to the flooded school sites in the Feb/March 2017 timeframe. Students/teachers are now using the temporary buildings.
- TEMPORARY MODULAR BUILDINGS - Modular classroom buildings were ordered from Aries Building Systems, LLC. to suit the needs of our flooded sites (St. Amant High, Galvez Middle, Galvez Primary, Lake Elementary). The site plans showing placement of these buildings are available at the link above.
- RFQ-17 ARCHITECTURAL SELECTION FOR FLOOD RECOVERY - Architects have been selected and hired. Architects are preparing detailed scope of work documents to repair/restore our flooded facilities.
- 2016 RECOVERY RFP PM/GRANTS SERVICES- CSRS, a firm with expertise in flood recovery was chosen by the selection committee, approved by the APSB and has been hired. They are working daily towards restoration of our properties.
- PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS FOR RESTORATION OF FLOODED FACILITIES: As of 5/2/17 two of 11 affected sites have bid and are under construction. St. Amant Primary and St. Amant Middle are currently being restored to pre-flood conditions. All other affected sites are in Design.
2016 Bond Information:
2013 Special Projects
2009 Bond Information
How to participate in Design and Construction Business with APSB:
We are currently receiving many calls regarding business opportunities related to our recent Flood damages. After the flood, we hired a Recovery Program Manager to assist us with the facility renovations and replacement of contents at our flooded sites. Our Recovery Program Manager will follow our normal procedures for selection of Architect/Engineers and Contractors, however our normal procedures may be modified as neccesary to satisfy any applicable FEMA guidelines.
Our Architectural Selection method is described at our A/E Selection Process link
For selection of General Contractors, we follow LA. Public bid law. Public Works projects that require advertisement and bids will be advertised in our Official Journal. Contact the APSB Purchasing Department for the most current information on our official journal and open bid processes.
We also post our bids on www.bidsync.com in order to provide for digital submission of bids.
In order to be involved in our selection processes, we recommend that you suscribe to or monitor our Official Journal. You may also monitor our Planning and Construction Homepage for periodic updates.
If you have questions about Planning and Construction activities, contact JoAnn Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org She will assist you or direct you to someone who can answer your questions.
Director of Planning and Construction
Ascension Parish School Board